- About us
- For authors
- For libraries
- Funding open access
- For advertisers
- Publishing and society partnerships
- Additional services
- Press center
How do I submit my manuscript to a BioMed Central journal?
All articles must be submitted using our easy to use online submission system.
To submit a manuscript, either:
a. Go to our Submit a manuscript page, select the journal of interest and click the ‘submit’ button to begin the process.
b. From any journal home page, click on the ‘submit a manuscript’ button.
The first step of the process is for you to read the 'submission checklist'. This is a list of things that you should do to ensure that you are ready to submit your manuscript. Once you have satisfied the submission checklist, the next step is for you to either register or, if you have already registered, log in.
You do not have to complete the submission process in one go; you can interrupt it at any time and return to it later (continuing from where you were). All you need to do is log in with your email address and password and go to My BioMed Central.
- What journals does BioMed Central publish and what sorts of articles do they contain?
- How do I find out if my manuscript is in scope for a BioMed Central journal?
- How do I submit my manuscript to a BioMed Central journal?
- Can I interrupt the submission process before it's complete?
- Is there a word or page limit for articles published in a BioMed Central journal?
- How should I format my manuscript for submission?
- How do I prepare illustrations and figures to be submitted with my manuscript?
- Can I submit movies and large figure files with my manuscript?
- Can I continue the submission of a manuscript when my colleague began the process?
- Can I submit my manuscript to you even though it is published elsewhere?
- What is BioMed Central's policy on patient consent?
- What are language editing services?
- Does BioMed Central offer language editing services?
- Why has BioMed Central chosen to partner with Edanz?
- Are BioMed Central authors required to use Edanz?
- Does using Edanz or another language editing service affect the editorial decision?
- What is BioMed Central's commercial relationship with Edanz?
- Where do I find more about article-processing charges?
- Are the BioMed Central journals peer-reviewed?
- What is BioMed Central's editorial structure?
- How long will it take to peer review my manuscript?
- What is 'open peer review', as operated by the medical journals in the BMC series?
- Does BioMed Central copy-edit manuscripts?
- How long will it take for my article to be available in its final form?
- Can an article be changed once it is published?
- How can I tell how many times my article has been viewed?
- Are articles published in journals published by BioMed Central available in printed form?
- What is the copyright policy for BioMed Central's journals?
- What types of articles do journals published by BioMed Central consider?
- How can I support open access publishing?
- How do I cite articles published in a BioMed Central journal?
- Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are their citations tracked?
- Are articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- How long will it take for my article to be included in PubMed?
- How long will it take for my article to be available in PubMed Central?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- What is, and what is BioMed Central's relationship with, LabArchives?