- About us
- For authors
- For libraries
- Funding open access
- For advertisers
- Publishing and society partnerships
- Additional services
- Press center
What types of articles do journals published by BioMed Central consider?
BioMed Central publishes over 200 journals, some of which publish only research, while others publish a combination of research, reviews, and commentaries.
The journals published by BioMed Central can be grouped into the following broad categories:
The BMC series: The journals in this series consider only research articles, and are entirely open access.
Independent journals: These journals consider both research and non-research articles (such as commentaries and reviews), and are entirely open access.
Other journals: Some of our journals offer open access to their research articles and charge a subscription for their non-research content (such as reviews and commentaries).
For more information, see our overview of journals published by BioMed Central.
- What journals does BioMed Central publish and what sorts of articles do they contain?
- How do I find out if my manuscript is in scope for a BioMed Central journal?
- How do I submit my manuscript to a BioMed Central journal?
- Can I interrupt the submission process before it's complete?
- Is there a word or page limit for articles published in a BioMed Central journal?
- How should I format my manuscript for submission?
- How do I prepare illustrations and figures to be submitted with my manuscript?
- Can I submit movies and large figure files with my manuscript?
- Can I continue the submission of a manuscript when my colleague began the process?
- Can I submit my manuscript to you even though it is published elsewhere?
- What is BioMed Central's policy on patient consent?
- What are language editing services?
- Does BioMed Central offer language editing services?
- Why has BioMed Central chosen to partner with Edanz?
- Are BioMed Central authors required to use Edanz?
- Does using Edanz or another language editing service affect the editorial decision?
- What is BioMed Central's commercial relationship with Edanz?
- Where do I find more about article-processing charges?
- Are the BioMed Central journals peer-reviewed?
- What is BioMed Central's editorial structure?
- How long will it take to peer review my manuscript?
- What is 'open peer review', as operated by the medical journals in the BMC series?
- Does BioMed Central copy-edit manuscripts?
- How long will it take for my article to be available in its final form?
- Can an article be changed once it is published?
- How can I tell how many times my article has been viewed?
- Are articles published in journals published by BioMed Central available in printed form?
- What is the copyright policy for BioMed Central's journals?
- What types of articles do journals published by BioMed Central consider?
- How can I support open access publishing?
- How do I cite articles published in a BioMed Central journal?
- Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are their citations tracked?
- Are articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- How long will it take for my article to be included in PubMed?
- How long will it take for my article to be available in PubMed Central?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- What is, and what is BioMed Central's relationship with, LabArchives?