BioMed Central copyright and license agreement
In submitting a research article ('article') to any of the journals published by BioMed Central I certify that:
1. I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
2. I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to BioMed Central are not in breach of any other obligation. If the law requires that the article be published in the public domain, I/we will notify BioMed Central at the time of submission upon which clauses 3 through 5 inclusive do not apply;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
- I agree to BioMed Central's Open Data policy
And I agree to the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 agreement, under which all BioMed Central articles are licensed.
Brief summary of the agreement
Anyone is free to:
- Share—copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt—remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution—You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
No additional restrictions—You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Statutory fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
PDF of this license. The license can be requested from BioMed Central by the authors at any time.