10. What journals does BioMed Central publish and what sorts of papers do they contain?
BioMed Central publishes 255 journals, some of which publish only research, where others publish a combination of research and reviews/commentaries. All the journals are available online but only those that include reviews/commentaries also print some or all of their content.
The BMC series of open access journals publish peer-reviewed original research. BMC Biology and BMC Medicine only publish articles that are of importance in their specialized field or of broad interest.
On the other hand, the subject-specific BMC journals have the policy of publishing any scientifically sound article in the field including articles that traditional journals may reject on the grounds of space or relevance to their readers. Examples include:
- Negative studies
- Studies that confirm previous work
- Studies with findings of regional interest
- Clinical trial protocols
- Papers that include full experimental datasets
- Methods papers
BioMed Central also publishes a growing number of online, open access journals that have been set up and are run by academic editorial groups, who determine their own editorial policies.
Finally, some BioMed Central journals publish both research articles, which are open access, and reviews and commentaries, which are subscription access. Among them are Genome Biology and Genome Medicine. Each of these journals has its own Editor(s) who determine the publication policies.
- What is the relationship between BioMed Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
- Why publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- Are BioMed Central's journals peer-reviewed and what is their copyright policy?
- What is BioMed Central's editorial structure?
- Is BioMed Central a pre-print server?
- How can one cite articles published online in BioMed Central journals?
- Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are BioMed Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- What journals does BioMed Central publish and what sorts of papers do they contain?
- What does it cost to publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How does BioMed Central make money?
- Are articles published in BioMed Central journals available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in BioMed Central journals?
- Are all articles published by BioMed Central journals open access?
- How can I ensure that I receive BioMed Central's emails?
- Does BioMed Central support access from mobile devices?