1. What is the relationship between BioMed Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
PubMed is the US National Library of Medicine's search service that provides access to over 11 million citations and abstracts in MEDLINE, PreMEDLINE, and other related databases, with links to participating online journals.
PubMed Central is a public initiative, sponsored by the US National Institutes of Health, to create "a barrier-free repository for peer reviewed primary research reports in the life sciences." PubMed Central does not accept publications directly from authors. Instead, existing publishers will be able to contribute to PubMed Central by making the full text of their peer-reviewed original research available through the PubMed Central archive.
BioMed Central is a commercial publisher that publishes a range of journals across all biomedical fields - from basic life sciences to clinical medicine. All original research articles are peer reviewed and, if published, made immediately and freely available through PubMed Central, as well as through BioMed Central. BioMed Central is part of Springer Science+Business Media.
- What is the relationship between BioMed Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
- Why publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- Are BioMed Central's journals peer-reviewed and what is their copyright policy?
- What is BioMed Central's editorial structure?
- Is BioMed Central a pre-print server?
- How can one cite articles published online in BioMed Central journals?
- Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are BioMed Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- What journals does BioMed Central publish and what sorts of papers do they contain?
- What does it cost to publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How does BioMed Central make money?
- Are articles published in BioMed Central journals available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in BioMed Central journals?
- Are all articles published by BioMed Central journals open access?
- How can I ensure that I receive BioMed Central's emails?
- Does BioMed Central support access from mobile devices?