6. Is BioMed Central a pre-print server?
BioMed Central is primarily a publisher of peer-reviewed original research articles. However, BioMed Central believes that there may be a role for rapid access to unrefereed material as part of the future of biological and medical publishing, although we are extremely sensitive to the concerns of many scientists that unrefereed research should not be intermingled or confused with research that has been peer reviewed.
With this in mind, we are experimenting with pre-print servers on some journals.
BioMed Central will participate fully in open archive initiatives designed to allow pre-print servers to co-operate.
- What is the relationship between BioMed Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
- Why publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- Are BioMed Central's journals peer-reviewed and what is their copyright policy?
- What is BioMed Central's editorial structure?
- Is BioMed Central a pre-print server?
- How can one cite articles published online in BioMed Central journals?
- Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are BioMed Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- What does it cost to publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How does BioMed Central make money?
- Are articles published in BioMed Central journals available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in BioMed Central journals?
- Are all articles published by BioMed Central journals open access?
- How can I ensure that I receive BioMed Central's emails?
- Does BioMed Central support access from mobile devices?