14. Are all articles published by BioMed Central journals open access?
In practice, yes. Before January 2015 some journals also published premium content which was available on a subscription basis for a period of 6 or 12 months. These articles are now open access or should be treated in the spirit of the Creative Commons Attribution license (CC-BY). There is also a small number of articles which are free to read but not open access (gratis but not libre), in most such cases because co-publication arrangements with other publishers may not allow us to apply CC-BY. Please see here for more details.
- What is the relationship between BioMed Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
- Why publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- Are BioMed Central's journals peer-reviewed and what is their copyright policy?
- What is BioMed Central's editorial structure?
- Is BioMed Central a pre-print server?
- How can one cite articles published online in BioMed Central journals?
- Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are BioMed Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- What does it cost to publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How does BioMed Central make money?
- Are articles published in BioMed Central journals available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in BioMed Central journals?
- Are all articles published by BioMed Central journals open access?
- How can I ensure that I receive BioMed Central's emails?
- Does BioMed Central support access from mobile devices?