9. Are BioMed Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
Following an initial evaluation period, all articles in journals published by BioMed Central are included in PubMed, providing the journal content is within PubMed's scope. PubMed, the most widely used biomedical bibliographic database service, is the National Library of Medicine service that provides access to MEDLINE, articles not yet in MEDLINE and articles from additional life science journals. An increasing number of journals published by BioMed Central are also indexed by the Thomson Reuters Science Citation Index and hence searchable through Web of Science, and other Thomson Reuters products. Most BioMed Central's journals are indexed by CAS and Scopus and most biology titles are indexed by BIOSIS.
Note that because the full text of all BioMed Central research articles is available without registration or subscription, search engines such as Google also index them, greatly increasing their visibility. All BioMed Central research articles are indexed by the science focussed search engine, Scirus.
The full text of all research articles published by BioMed Central is also available on SpringerLink.
- What is the relationship between BioMed Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
- Why publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- Are BioMed Central's journals peer-reviewed and what is their copyright policy?
- What is BioMed Central's editorial structure?
- Is BioMed Central a pre-print server?
- How can one cite articles published online in BioMed Central journals?
- Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are BioMed Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- What journals does BioMed Central publish and what sorts of papers do they contain?
- What does it cost to publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How does BioMed Central make money?
- Are articles published in BioMed Central journals available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in BioMed Central journals?
- Are all articles published by BioMed Central journals open access?
- How can I ensure that I receive BioMed Central's emails?
- Does BioMed Central support access from mobile devices?