8. Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
Yes; for any journal to have an Impact Factor, however, it must be tracked by Thomson Reuters (ISI) for three years. Although many BioMed Central journals are tracked by Thomson Reuters, others are still relatively new. The tables below show those journals that are already tracked by Thomson Reuters (ISI) and so already have Impact Factors, and journals that are due Impact Factors for which we have calculated their unofficial Impact Factors. Note that in several cases the figures are artificially low, as they are based on a single year of citation data rather than the usual two. Thomson Reuters (ISI) is currently considering additional BioMed Central journals for tracking.
- Journals with Impact Factors
- Journals being tracked by Thomson Reuters
- Unofficial Impact Factors for other BioMed Central journals
- SCImago journal ranking
Journals with Impact Factors
Journals currently covered by Thomson Reuters (ISI)
|Journal||Impact Factor due||Unofficial
|Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology||June 2015||1.56|
|Biology of Sex Differences||June 2017||N/A|
|BMC Ecology||June 2015||N/A|
|BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology||June 2015||N/A|
|Human Genomics||June 2015||2.69|
|Infectious Diseases of Poverty||June 2015||N/A|
|Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology||June 2015||0.55|
|Journal of Biological Engineering||June 2015||2.14|
|Journal of Biomedical Semantics||June 2015||2.16|
|Skeletal Muscle||June 2015||5.12|
Unofficial Impact Factors* for other BioMed Central journals
|Clinical and Translational Allergy||2.53|
|Conflict and Health||0.86|
|Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation||1.16|
|Emerging Themes in Epidemiology||2.06|
|Fibrogenesis & Tissue Repair||4.39|
|Fluids & Barriers of the CNS||2.94|
|International Breastfeeding Journal||1.05|
|Journal of Biomedical Semantics||2.16|
|Journal of Clinical Bioinformatics (JCBi)||1.71|
|Journal of Medical Case Reports||0.40|
|Philosophy, Ethics, and Humanities in Medicine||2.03|
* Unofficial Impact Factors
For journals that have not been tracked for long enough to have an Impact Factor, or are not yet tracked by Thomson Reuters (ISI), it is nonetheless possible to calculate an unofficial Impact Factor, which we have done for some journals.
Unofficial 2013 Impact Factors were established by dividing the number of times articles published in 2011 and 2012 were cited in 2013, based on a search of the Science Citation Index database, by the number of articles published during that period.
- What is the relationship between BioMed Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
- Why publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- Are BioMed Central's journals peer-reviewed and what is their copyright policy?
- What is BioMed Central's editorial structure?
- Is BioMed Central a pre-print server?
- How can one cite articles published online in BioMed Central journals?
- Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are BioMed Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- What does it cost to publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How does BioMed Central make money?
- Are articles published in BioMed Central journals available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in BioMed Central journals?
- Are all articles published by BioMed Central journals open access?
- How can I ensure that I receive BioMed Central's emails?
- Does BioMed Central support access from mobile devices?