7. How can one cite articles published online in BioMed Central journals?
To ensure accurate citation tracking, articles are cited in a way that closely reflects traditional citation. However, since many articles are not printed, basing citation on page numbers is not appropriate. Instead, almost all online-only articles in journals published by BioMed Central are cited in the form:
Journal name Publication Year, Volume:Article number
BMC Developmental Biology 2003, 2:7
Malaria Journal 2003, 1:6
Breast Cancer Research 2003, 4:R6
PDFs of these articles have numbered pages, but the numbers are not part of the citation.
For precise information on how to cite articles from a particular journal, visit that journal's website.
- What is the relationship between BioMed Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
- Why publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- Are BioMed Central's journals peer-reviewed and what is their copyright policy?
- What is BioMed Central's editorial structure?
- Is BioMed Central a pre-print server?
- How can one cite articles published online in BioMed Central journals?
- Do BioMed Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are BioMed Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- What does it cost to publish in a BioMed Central journal?
- How does BioMed Central make money?
- Are articles published in BioMed Central journals available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in BioMed Central journals?
- Are all articles published by BioMed Central journals open access?
- How can I ensure that I receive BioMed Central's emails?
- Does BioMed Central support access from mobile devices?