Copyright licensing agreement (non-research articles)
[Insert title of the Article] ("the Article")
[Insert the names and addresses of the Authors] ("the Authors")
[Insert name of Journal] ("the Journal")
1. In consideration of BioMed Central Limited ("BioMed Central") agreeing to publish the Article, subject to paragraph  below I/we hereby grant to BioMed Central,
- from the date hereof until the date which is two years after first publication of the Article in the Journal the exclusive licence; and
- from the date which is two years after first publication of the Article in the Journal the non-exclusive licence;
throughout the world to
- publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Article including without limitation any text, artwork, images, tables and photographs contained therein, in whole or in part, in all forms, formats and media whether now known or yet to be developed, including print, digital and electronic form and as transparencies;
- to translate the Article into other languages, create summaries, extracts or adaptations of the Article or other derivatives of the Article and exercise all of the rights in (i) above in such summaries, extracts, adaptations or derivative works; and
- and to license others to do any or all of the above.
2. I/we retain ownership of the copyright in the Article
3. I/we retain the following non-exclusive rights:
- To reproduce the Article in whole or in part in any printed volume (book or thesis) of which I/we are the author(s).
- To reproduce the Article for the purpose of course teaching at any academic institution where I/we work at the time.
- To post a copy of the Article on my/our own web site after publication of the printed edition of the Journal. When exercising this right, I/we agree to include a hyperlink from the Article to the Journal's web site.
- To reuse figures or tables created by me/us and contained in the Article in other works created by me/us.
However we agree to acknowledge and reference the original publication in the Journal, when exercising any such rights.
4. I/we warrant and represent that:
- I/we am/are the sole author(s) of the Article and the sole owner(s) of the copyright in the Article. If the Article includes materials of others, I/we have obtained the permission of the copyright owners of all such materials to enable me/us to grant this licence to BioMed Central. Copies of all such permissions are attached to this licence.
- Everything that is presented as fact in the Article is true and accurate.
- I/we have the full authority to enter into this agreement, on behalf of each of the Authors.
- Nothing in the Article is obscene, defamatory, or libellous, violates any right of privacy or infringes any intellectual property rights or any other human, personal or other rights of any person or entity or is otherwise unlawful.
- Nothing in the Article infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/any of us may owe to anyone else or violates any contract, and all of the institutions in which work recorded in the Article was carried out have authorized publication of the Article.
5. I/we authorize BioMed Central to take such action as it considers necessary on our name and on our behalf at its own expense in the event that it considers that a third party is infringing or is likely to infringe the copyright in the Article.
6. BioMed Central agree to make or to procure that the Article is made available from the date which is two years after the date of first publication of the Article in the Journal on an internet site which permits any person to view the Article without charge.
7. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England.