12. Will I have to pay if my institution is a Member?
Generally, if the corresponding author's organization is a Full Member, the cost of the article-processing charge is covered by the Membership, and no further charge is payable. In the case of authors whose institutions are Supporter Members of BioMed Central, however, a discounted article-processing charge is payable by the author. Please check if your institution is a Member.
- Why do BioMed Central journals have article-processing charges?
- What do the article-processing charges pay for?
- How much is BioMed Central charging?
- Does BioMed Central offer discounts on article-processing charges?
- Are any taxes included in this charge?
- To which articles will this charge apply?
- Why a flat charge rather than one based on page numbers?
- Who is responsible for making the payment?
- Which funding agencies explicitly allow direct use of their grants to cover article-processing charges?
- How do I pay?
- Can charges be waived if the author cannot pay?
- Will I have to pay if my institution is a Member?
- Will the APC rate I am given at submission change?
- Do authors from low-income countries have to pay APCs?