- Joaquim M Cabral, Instituto Superior Tecnico
- Lluis Montoliu, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia
- Mats Nilsson, Uppsala University
- Peter J Punt, TNO Quality of Life
- Marko Radic, University of Tennessee
- John J Rossi, Beckman Research Institute City of Hope
- Igor Stagljar, University of Toronto
- Neal C Stewart, University of Tennessee
- Dafne Solera, BioMed Central
Li Ying and Qi Wang review the potential applications of microfluidic technologies for the detection and monitoring of cancer through nucleic acid and protein biomarker analysis, and discuss the implications for personalized diagnosis and cancer screening.
News from the web
- 13 December 2013
- Speeding up gene discovery
- 02 December 2013
- 'Designer sperm' inserts custom genes into offspring
- 20 November 2013
- Researchers use CT and 3-D printers to recreate dinosaur fossils
BMC Biotechnology is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on the manipulation of biological macromolecules or organisms for use in experimental procedures, cellular and tissue engineering or in the pharmaceutical, agricultural biotechnology and allied industries.
It is journal policy to publish work deemed by peer reviewers to be a coherent and sound addition to scientific knowledge and to put less emphasis on interest levels, provided that the research constitutes a useful contribution to the field.
Join the Editorial Board!
Are you interested in becoming an Editorial Board member for BMC Biotechnology and helping to maintain the editorial standards and ethos of this growing journal? To volunteer as an Associate Editor, please simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, enclosing a summary of your research interests and relevant expertise. We look forward to hearing from you.
BMC series blog
- 03 December 2013
- Highlights of the BMC-series: November 2013
- 20 November 2013
- APHA: For science. For action. For health.
- 18 November 2013
- BMC Geriatrics at the 2013 BGS Autumn Scientific Meeting
Section Editor's Profile
Neal Stewart is a Professor of Plant Sciences and holds the Ivan Racheff Chair of Excellence in plant molecular genetics at the University of Tennessee. He is the co-director of the Tennessee Plant Research Center and holds the position of Senior Bioscientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. He has served on the editorial board as an Associate Editor for BMC Biotechnology since 2005. In 2011 he started serving the journal as Section Editor for plant biotechnology. His research focuses on plant biotechnology for bioenergy, agricultural and environmental applications. His lab uses such tools from genomics to systems biology in plants. His latest book, "Research Ethics for Life Scientists" reflects a passion for teaching research integrity. Stewart is also a singer-songwriter who is trying to spend more time in Nashville.
"I love open access publishing and BMC Biotechnology. Open access gives the gift of research knowledge to the world. Open access journals such as BMC Biotechnology, have long been among my top choices to publish research from my lab"
BMC Biotechnology 2013, 13:98