Figure 5.

The duration of minimal cardiac motion suitable for cardiac imaging as assessed by tissue Doppler. The PMCM increases with the RR interval for both the circumflex (A) and right (B) coronary arteries, shown with 90% forecast intervals. The confidence intervals of graph (A) may be transformed to form a guide to the likelihood of imaging artifact in the circumflex (C) and right coronary arteries (D) based on heart rate and acquisition time (half gantry rotation time). Within the green area, less than 5% of coronary arteries are expected have any motion artifact. Motion artifact may occur within the amber zone (> 5% chance of artifact). The red area reflects a very high (> 95%) probability of motion artifact.

Otton et al. BMC Medical Imaging 2013 13:5   doi:10.1186/1471-2342-13-5
Download authors' original image